Cloudways offers managed web hosting servers from leading hosting companies to offer cloud VPS servers but managed by their side.
They do all the hard work like customization and configuration of the server for you, and you get a managed hosting solution with customer support and lots of features and add-ons.
What is Cloudways?
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting provider that offers managed servers from the best cloud hosting on the internet to host your websites.
It has been found to help non-developers who want to create their websites on a cloud hosting solution, and they neither want to hire a developer nor spend too much time learning web development.
It offers to create a server and host unlimited sites on five of the best LaaS cloud hosting platforms, they are DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, AWS, and GCP.
How Does Cloudways Work?
Cloudways has bartended with these five leading companies to give you the choice to create your servers from your preferred cloud hosting provider.
These companies are the server providers and Cloudways is a user-friendly gate to them.
When you create the server, you can have full access to the server and you can manage it from the Server Management (Cloudways Control Panel).
You will be able to monitor your server resources and create and edit the server database, SFTP, SSH credentials, backups, security, scaling, SMTP, packages, and more with a click of a button.
Why Choose Cloudways?
Cloudways is one of the best-managed cloud hosting providers, and here are some reasons why Cloudways might be a great choice for you:
- Cloudways makes everything so simple and easy: from managing your servers and applications to contacting customer support it’s just so intuitive.
- It is a cloud hosting service: which means your website always performing better, as your website will be stored on cloud servers.
- You can host as many websites as you want on one server with no additional costs. As many as your server resources can handle.
- Pay-as-you-go payment system: You will be charged for the resources you consume and after its been consumed.
- Security: It offers layers over layers of security and patching.
- Cloudways is a reliable web hosting service with flexible pricing plans.
- The performance and speed are fascinating: It is expected to deliver excellent performance because it provides its servers from the best web hosting companies in the market.
- Prices start at $11/month, which is far cheaper than its alternatives Kinsta $35/month, and WP Engine $20/month.
- Save hours of server configurations and error fixing: You can focus on your website building while Cloudways does that for you.
Is Cloudways a Good Choice for You?
If you find yourself in one of the following, consider testing Cloudways:
- Cloudways is best for beginners who want VPS hosting but don’t know how to configure servers by themselves.
- Resellers who design websites for clients and sell them.
- People don’t want to waste time configuring and managing but high-performance hosting service.
- Big sites and blogs with medium to high traffic.
- CMS and PHP applications.
- small and medium eCommerce websites.
Cloudways Pros & Cons
- Easy to set up and use.
- Stunning performance.
- Fast-loading servers.
- 99.999% uptime guarantee.
- Free auto-renewing SSL certificate.
- Create unlimited sites on a single server without additional fees.
- Lots of built-in features and add-ons.
- 3-day free trial for new users to test their services.
- 40+ data centers on all hosting providers.
- Cloudways doesn’t offer a domain registration service.
- Additional fees for premium support.
Cloudways Plans and Pricing
Since Cloudways offers hosting servers from several different providers, there are a variety of pricing. In general, Cloudways pricing starts at $11/month.
In general, Cloudways pricing starts at $11/month on a DigitalOcean server with resources of 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25 GB SSD storage, and 1 TB Transfer.
On DigitalOcean: Pricing starts at $11/month with resources of 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25 GB SSD storage, and 1 TB Bandwidth.
On Vultr: Pricing starts at $14/month with resources of 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25 GB SSD storage, and 1 TB Bandwidth.
On Linode: Pricing starts at $14/month with resources of 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25 GB SSD storage, and 1 TB Bandwidth.
On AWS: Pricing starts at $38.56/month with resources of 2 GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 10 GB SSD storage, and 2 GB Bandwidth.
On GCP: Pricing starts at $37.33/month with resources of 1.7 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25 GB SSD storage, and 1 GB Bandwidth.
Website performance is one of the most important factors you should think about when you decide to sign up for a web host
Performance directly impacts uptime and loading speed, therefore user experience and SEO.
We host our site on Cloudways, so we will give you a full insight into its performance. See how we socred 100% performance.
1. Cloudways uptime:
It’s important to have a high uptime because it ensures that customers are able to access the website and It helps you maintain your authority in Google’s eyes.
Cloudways guarantees 99.99% uptime.
The uptime stats show 100% for the past 30 days, and the website faced 13 minutes of downtime in the last 6 months. That is 99.995% uptime.
2. Loading speed:
Page speed is a measurement of how fast the content on your page loads.
Fast sites have a tremendous impact on visitors’ satisfaction and your conversion, as well as search engine ranking.
How our website is doing with Cloudways?
3. Cloudways server locations:
Since the data is stored on a server, it is important to have a location close to the user. This way, the user can access the data faster and with less latency.
The five hosting companies that power Cloudways provide their own data centers. That’s why Cloudways has over 40 server locations around the world.
Therefore, you get a better chance of choosing a closer data center for your customers.
4. Dedicated resources:
All servers launched on Cloudways have dedicated resources on a shared physical computer. dedicated CPU cores, dedicated RAMs, dedicated storage space, and dedicated bandwidth usage.
5. SSD-based hosting:
Cloudways host your websites on SSD and NVMe storage. NVMe SSDs are 20x faster, facilitating breathtaking performance and reduced page load times for your dynamic websites.
Cloudways and WordPress
The process of installing WordPress on a Cloudways server is simple and straightforward.
You just need to create a server and install WordPress on it. And if you have an existing WordPress site, you can easily migrate it, or ask the support team to do the migration for you.
Cloudways Features and Addons
There are many features and add-ons that Cloudways provides, from managing emails to security and auto-healing. Here are the most important ones:
- CloudwaysBot Channels: Sends real-time notifications of different selected events via your favorite channels.
- Application Migration: Migrate sites with minimal downtime for free.
- SMTP Add-on: Easy way to deliver emails from your websites to your clients.
- Rackspace Email: Business emails powered by Rackspace for just $1/month.
- Cloudflare Add-on: CDN, optimization, and security purposes.
- DNS Made Easy Add-on: A premium DNS service so you never have to face DNS errors.
- 24/7 Real-time Monitoring: With 16 different metrics see if anything goes wrong and fix it.
- CloudwaysBot Notifications: AI bot assistant sends performance insights notifications through Slack, emails, and more.
Read all Cloudways features and add-ons.
Good support in web hosting services is essential, especially if you are a beginner, you may face some issues you don’t know how to fix.
From my own experience, all issues I’ve faced, Cloudways support fixed them. They are friendly and willing to assess you.
1. Live chat:
Cloudways offers 24/7/365 live chat for all plans. Every request is routed to a specifically trained support team member.
We tested it, and every time we called them through live chat, we got our issues solved.
2. Online ticketing:
If you don’t want to talk to the support team via live chat, you can use the ticket system to email them and they will email you back.
You just need to go to the tickets page, submit a request, type in your issue, set the priority to normal or urgent, go through all the details, and submit your ticket.
3. Phone support:
This is a premium support method, You pay an extra fee for that.
Cloudways has a big community you can rely on, a community from the Cloudways team themselves and their clients who share their knowledge and answer questions.
So if you are the type of person who prefers to read first before contacting support, this is going to be very helpful to you.
Cloudways Review: Honest Opinion
We’ve tested many web hosting services shared and cloud hosting. Most of them either fail to deliver a stunning website performance or are relatively expensive.
With that being said, we recommend Cloudways all the time for beginners who want to get a better performance.
It offers many features and great performance at reasonable prices considering that it’s a cloud VPS hosting. Cloudways is one of the best cloud hosting choices for all.