When we say best web hosting services for developers, we mean web hosting services that provide the best zones for developers. That can be in flexibility, reliability, and other things.
As developers become increasingly popular, many web hosting companies target them as their primary customers. However, not all of them provide the same level of quality.
So today we will list the best web hosting providers for developers and the features, prices, pros, and cons for each of them.
First, let’s see what are the requirements that developers want to have in a web hosting service:
Developers’ requirements for web hosting services:
- Flexibility: It’s one of the most important elements for websites and applications developers to have in their web hosting providers. All developers want flexible web hosting providers so they can make big changes easily without facing downtime.
- Scalability: It’s a key factor for any web hosting provider. It is important to be able to handle a load of traffic and resources for their websites. Developers always try new things such as performance and operating systems, so it’s of no choice they will pick a web hosting provider that offers scalable plans for more resources.
- Reasonable Prices: It is clear that developers are always in need of new servers and plans at all times, which makes it financially expensive for them. So, the web hosting that offers reasonable pricing can be their targeted web hosting provider.
- Top-notch security: Developers are always busy developing applications at different levels. It’s a better choice to have web hosting services with high-level security so they don’t waste time fixing issues or repairing the damages cyberattacks made.
That being said, here are the top picks for the best web hosting providers for developers.
Our Top picks for the best web hosting services for developers are: 1. Cloudways: Number one on the list. Best of the best. 2. Hostinger: Best overall. 2. A2 Hosting: Faster servers.
Our 1# web hosting pick for all types of people who need web hosting.
Cloudways is a cloud hosting platform that provides managed and scalable server hosting. It offers a wide range of services, including Cloud Web Hosting, Applications Hosting, Email Addons, and more.
On Cloudways, you can choose to host your applications and websites on five of the best web hosting providers in the market. These companies are DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, AWS, and GCP.
So when applying for Cloudways, it is like applying for these five leading companies, but you get more features, all types of support, and reliability.
Not just that, Cloudways offers a lot of features and add-ons, and flexibility you might never see all of them on other web hosting providers such as hosting multiple websites on one server, real-time monitoring for the server and the applications, and more. Read Cloudways review.
- Cloudways is a cloud hosting type. Cloud hosting is a type of web hosting which is delivered over the Internet, which means you get better security, performance, flexibility, and pricing.
- It offers to host your website on five LaaS leading Cloud providers, so you can deploy servers on 5 web hosting services and manage them on one platform.
- Cloudways Payment System Pay-as-You-Go is a payment option. This means that you don’t have to worry about paying for your hosting service every month, but instead, you can pay through monthly installments.
- The 24/7 Real-time Monitoring feature is an important tool for every web developer, it provides you with real-time information on your server and helps you keep an eye on your website performance.
- Cloudways provides 44 data centers around the world, which means you can host your website at any of the 44 locations that Cloudways offer.
- Allows you to host multiple websites and applications on a single server. You can host as many websites as you want on one server. Also, they provide an easy-to-use interface, which makes it easier for you to manage and update these websites.
- Scaling up your server on Cloudways is not an issue. You can scale up your server at a glance.
- You can attach more block storage at any time if you don’t want more CPU and RAM but the storage space.
- Cloudways offers automated and on-demand backups, as well as local backups for the whole server or for each application individually.
- They offer many great add-ons such as SMTP for as cheap as $0.10 a month, Mailbox for as cheap as $1 a month, and a lot more great add-ons.
- CloudwaysBot Protection helps you prevent your website from getting hacked. It scans your website for vulnerabilities and alerts you if it finds anything suspicious.
- This is the big thing for every developer, Cloudways offers a variety of applications you can use to create your application. This includes WordPress, Magento, PHP, and more 1-click built-in apps.
These are some of the Cloudways features, you can see more of Cloudways features from here.
Since Cloudways offers to create your servers on five hosting providers, the pricing will vary according to the hosting provider and the resources you need.
The Pricing of Cloudways servers starts at $10/month for one server on DigitalOcean with 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU Processor, 1 TB bandwidth, and 25 GB storage space.
The good thing is that for this $10 plan, you can host multiple applications and websites, and you will be charged after you use the server. No front charges.
- Easy to set up and user-friendly interface.
- Pay-as-you-go payment system and 24/7 Real-time billing.
- Excellent Performance and fast loading speed.
- 24/7 Real-time server and applications monitoring.
- Allow SSH and SFTP access.
- Unlimited websites and applications for every single server. As many as the server can handle.
- Many built-in features and add-ons.
- Excellent security. Bot protection and auto-healing.
- 44 data centers around the world.
- Free SSL certificate for each application.
- No domain registration option. You must register your domain name on another platform.
- Some server limitations for the system security.
Get a 3-day free trial to test Cloudways servers. No credit card is required.
2. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is one of the best web hosting services, especially for developers and freelancers because it offers really cheap prices on its Un-Managed VPS plans starting at $4.99/month.
A2 Hosting is one of the fastest web hosting services around the world, that’s due to the new technology they offer. Also, they offer a large variety of plans for each web hosting type including reseller plans for freelancers.
A2 hosting has become popular because it offers an excellent balance between value, performance, speed, and security.
With their Turbo Plans, A2 Hosting claims to be the fastest web hosting service ever. With the new AMD EPYC CPU and the NVMe technology SSD storage, they claim that they will load your website 20× faster. That is not the case, but they do make your website faster several times.
Read A2 Hosting review.
A2 Hosting Features:
- Fast web hosting solutions which is one of the most important factors for websites. Fast-loading web pages tend to reflect a good user experience and great results on search engines and ranking.
- A lot of plan packages and pricing for each type of web hosting will help anyone to get the hosting plan that they need.
- With A2 Hosting’s 99.9% uptime, you can be confident that your website will always be available.
- Free website migration so you can easily migrate your website without any hassle. It’s a convenient and straightforward way to switch hosting providers.
- One of the most secure web hosts in the industry. It uses some of the most advanced security measures available to protect its users from hackers, malware, and DDoS attacks.
A2 Hosting Pricing:
A2 hosting has many packages for each type of web hosting. For instance: the shared hosting plans start at $2.99 a month, and this plan offers 1 website and 100 GB of storage which is very generous.
Since we focus on web hosting for developers in this article, let’s see the VPS pricing. You can see all Shared Hosting plans here.
On A2 Hosting, you will find two types of VPS hosting plans, Managed plans “configured and supported” and Un-Managed plans “you will do the configuration by your self”
The un-Managed VPS has six different plans starting at $4.99 per month. For this money, you get 1 GB of RAM, 150 GB of storage space, 2 TB bandwidth, and 1 CPU processor.
A2 Hosting Pros:
- Fast loading speed and reliable servers. That helps the SEO of the website to get better ranking results.
- Diversity of web hosting plan packages. Which makes choosing the right plan for all customers easy.
- 24/7/365 expert support staff available via phone, email, and live chat with an extensive knowledge base.
A2 Hosting Cons:
- Domain names are not free, you have to pay to register a new domain name even if you are a new customer.
- Plans are expensive when renewed.
ScalaHosting is a hosting company that specializes in providing powerful hosting services to customers. They have an extensive knowledge base and support team that enables them to provide top-notch customer service.
In addition, ScalaHosting offers a wide range of hosting plans that are specifically designed for different needs and budgets and they have a large number of satisfied clients who are happy with their services.
ScalaHosting is one of the best options when it comes to web hosting, as they are able to provide services at reasonable prices while still maintaining high-quality standards.
On top of that, Scala Hosting offers web hosting servers on their platforms as well as on Amazon Web Services “AWS” and DigitalOcean. So, you get to choose between hosting your applications on their platforms, AWS, or DigitalOcean.
Also, ScalaHosting offers sPanel “cPanel alternative”. The sPanel is a hosting platform for websites, applications, and for managing servers. It is a tool that enables developers to create and deploy websites in minutes.
sPanel comes with everything a website owner needs to grow their business in a secure environment, it is lightweight, faster, and doesn’t have any software limitations.
- Offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee to their customers to ensure the websites will be running smoothly with minimum downtime.
- Offer server speeds that are comparable to the best hosting companies in the market
- Provides applications and servers with sPanel, the web hosting control panel that allows users to manage websites, domains, SSL certificates, and more.
- Developer-friendly and also user-friendly. It has a lot of features such as automatic backups, data protection, and server management that make it easy for developers to work on their projects without worry.
- Provides their customers with a generous amount of resources, which allows them to do whatever they want on their websites.
- Offers free Snapshots for VPS. Automatically keep 2 snapshots of your VPS for the last 2 days. They allow you to restore the whole VPS to a previous state.
- Offers many free features such as free domain registration, free SSL certificate, and free website migration
The cheapest plan on ScalaHosting offers to host one website, 20 GB SSD storage space, 1 CPU processor, unlimited email, unlimited databases, unlimited bandwidth, and more, and costs $3.95 per month.
But since we are talking from a Developer perspective, let’s see what the ScalaHosting VPS plans offer.
You can run VPS servers on ScalaHosting or on other hosting providers managed by ScalaHosting platforms. This includes AWS and DigitalOcean cloud hosting.
On ScalaHosting, you get the amount of server resources you need for your VPS server, all you have to do is to select the CPU you need, as well as the RAM and the Storage space. Or you can choose one of the ready plans.
The cheapest plan on ScalaHosting servers costs $15.95/month, but it has a generous provision of resources. This plan offers 2 CPU cores, 4 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD storage, and unmetered Bandwidth.
On the other hand, AWS Amazon offers four plans and DigitalOcean offers 3 plans.
- Great website loading speed and great performance.
- Native SShield Cybersecurity Tool.
- Daily backups for 7 days. 7 frequent backups for each application.
- Unlimited emails, unlimited databases, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Great and professional customer support.
- Professional sPanel is an alternative to cPanel, but with more cool features.
- Many free features include the sPanel, site migration, CDN, and more.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Limited server locations: Only three data centers that ScalaHosting company owns.
- SSD storage Is only available with VPS plans.
- Price hikes when renewal, except on AWS and DigitalOcean VPS.
Hostinger is a leading hosting service provider in the world. It provides an array of solutions for beginners, designers, entrepreneurs, and web developers.
Hostinger offers a wide range of services including shared hosting, cloud hosting, managed servers, VPS servers, and more. It offers various types of plans depending on your needs and budget.
It is very rare for a low price and reliability to be combined in a web hosting service. What I mean by a low price is you can get a website with all the features you need for $1.99.
On Hostinger, you can get reliable shared hosting for your website with 30 GB of storage space and 100 GB bandwidth for as low as $1.99 a month. And for $2.99 a month, you get 100 websites. That’s terrific.
- Although Hostinger offers very cheap plans, it provides reliable hosting services. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s the reality.
- Hostinger has a clean and user-friendly dashboard that is easy to learn and navigate.
- Hostinger Has a 99.9% uptime provision and one of the best customer satisfaction rates in the industry.
- Zyro drag-and-drop website builder which has been developed by Hostinger makes creating websites a lot easier and more beautiful.
- WordPress acceleration (LSCWP): Its backend is optimized for WordPress and powered by LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress.
- Hostinger has a 30-day money-back guarantee for all hosting plans. This means that you can test their service and if you are not satisfied, they will refund your money.
- The top two tiers of Hostinger’s plans give you unlimited bandwidth.
- Hostinger offers a free daily and weekly automated backup service for all their hosting accounts. This is an excellent way for users to ensure that their data is safe and secure.
Hostinger has a tiered pricing model with different price levels for its shared hosting service, cloud hosting service, and virtual private server (VPS) service.
The shared hosting plan starts from $1.99 per month, on this plan you get a website with 30 GB SSD Storage, 10000 Visits Monthly, a free email account, 100 GB Bandwidth, 2 databases, and weekly backups, WordPress acceleration, free SSL certificate, and more.
Since you are a developer, let’s see what concerns you the most, VPS hosting.
Hostinger comes with 8 plans for VPS starting from $2.99 per month with full root access. This plan comes with 1 GB RAM, 1 TB Bandwidth, 20 GB SSD storage, and more features.
- Solid 99.9% uptime and fast loading time.
- Cheap yet reliable.
- User friendly.
- Free website builder.
- Full root access on VPS plans.
- Free email hosting.
- Free daily and weekly automated backup.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Free domain name registration.
- No phone support.
- The cheapest plan doesn’t include free domain name registration.
- No dedicated plan.
5. Liquid Web
Liquid Web is a cloud computing company that provides business-grade cloud services. They provide the infrastructure required to build, deploy, and manage applications.
It’s a cloud services company that provides scalable and secure web hosting solutions such as cloud computing, VPS, and Dedicated servers.
Liquid Web is a developer-friendly platform, it helps developers create and manage websites, APIs, and mobile apps. It provides all the tools necessary for developers to succeed with their projects.
If you want the shared hosting and managed plans for Liquid Web, you would need to go to Nexcess, as it is a Liquid Web brand.
Liquid Web Features:
- High-end server spec which has been designed for intensive workloads and 24/7 uptime.
- Liquid Web’s 100% uptime guarantee is one of the main reasons why they are so successful, as it gives them an advantage over other companies in the industry.
- Reliable provider of customer service. Their customer service representatives are available all the time to answer all your questions and provide you with the best possible solutions.
- Variety of plans to suit your needs, whether you need help with your website, app design, or development.
Liquid Web Pricing:
Liquid Web offers a variety of plans such as Dedicated, cloud dedicated, VPS, Private VPS Parent, High Performance, and more.
The VPS has 8 plans starting at $25/month, it offers 2 GB of RAM, 2 CPU cores, 40 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
The Dedicated has 7 plans starting at $169/month, it offers a dedicated server of 4 cores @ 3.9 GHz Max of Intel Xeon 1230v6, 16 GB of RAM, 2×240 GB SSD Storage, 5 TB Bandwidth, and cPanel.
Liquid Web Pros:
- 100% uptime guarantee.
- Stunning customer support via 24/7 live chat, phone calls, emails, and help desk.
- Free SSL certificate and site migration.
- A lot of powerful plans.
Liquid Web Cons:
- The entry-level price can be seen as too high for many people who are just starting out on their own website or blog.
- Does not offer any shared hosting plans for its customers to purchase. Instead, you can sign up for Nexcess, as it is a part of the Liquid Web company.
- No free domain name registration.
Vultr is a cloud hosting provider that provides affordable and reliable cloud computing services such as virtual private servers, dedicated servers, and cloud storage.
It’s one of the best and fastest-growing cloud hosting providers for developers in the market. In fact, it’s our favorite web hosting provider.
Vultr is more for developers who want to build their websites and applications on a strong and reliable web hosting platform. Also, Vultr is a great choice for beginners and website owners who want an affordable web hosting choice yet reliable.
In addition, Vultr is everywhere around the world, it offers servers in various regions around the world. Vultr has 25 data centers around the world. Read Vultr review.
- Vultr has grown rapidly over the years and has been recognized for our customer service, stability, and reliability. We see from time to time new data centers have been opened and new products have been released.
- Gives you full control over your servers. On Vultr, you can use their operating systems and applications if you want, or you could use your own operating systems and upload it to your servers.
- Offers different types of web hosting solutions, from cloud shared CPU to optimized cloud CPU to dedicated servers and more. You can choose the best suits your needs.
- With 25 Datacenters, you can literally host your website in any region you want. That helps the performance of the website.
- Vultr is a pay-as-you-go payment system, which means you pay only for the resources you consume. If you launched a server for one day, you will be charged for that particular day.
Since Vultr offers a wide variety of hosting plans, it’s normal to see a wide range of pricing starting at $2.50 per month. Although we recommend you start with the $5.00 per month plan.
Vultr plans are very generous, for the $5/month you get a server with all the resources and features you want. You get 1 core CPU, 1 GB RAM, 1 TB Bandwidth, and 25 GB storage space.
Also, there are more powerful plans with the new CPU and NVMe technology, just %20 higher pricing. For the same resources you get on the $5 plan, you get the same with more powerful processors and fast NVMe SSD storage for $6 a month.
- Datacenters everywhere. Choose from 25 data centers around the world.
- Pay-as-you-go payment system. No upfront payment, you only pay for the resources you consume.
- Reliable cloud hosting service. Since Vultr is a cloud-based hosting, it must be reliable and offers great performance and security.
- User-friendly dashboard. Easy to learn from the first time.
- One-click application install. Read how to deploy WordPress.
- Instantly server deployment.
- No live chat and no phone call support.
- No domain name registration.
Linode is a cloud hosting service that provides servers to companies. They provide a cloud infrastructure for customers and developers to develop and run their software.
With a variety of services such as virtual private servers, dedicated servers, and load balancer services, Vultr has been recognized as one of the leading web hosting companies in the world.
In fact, Linode is a strong competitor to Vultr and DigitalOcean, those that have been known for their reliability to deliver the best cloud computing service.
Linode is best for developers because it provides an environment where developers can focus on their work without worrying about hardware failures or downtime. It also offers a variety of features to make your life easier. Read Linode review.
- User-friendly interface: Linode offers users a user-friendly interface because it has an intuitive layout and clear navigation.
- Reliable: Linode is one of the most reliable cloud hosting providers in the industry.
- Cheap: Linode offers cheap cloud hosting solutions which make it accessible to everyone.
- Many hosting plans: Linode has a lot of hosting plans that are tailored to different needs. They offer the most popular shared CPU plans “cloud servers”, high performance, GPU, dedicated servers, and many more
- pay-as-you-go payment systems: You only pay for the compute time that you need. This approach to billing helps avoid overspending on computing time and underutilizing resources.
- A great choice for developers: It offers the most affordable, fast, and reliable servers. It also offers a variety of features to make your life easier.
Linode’s pricing is very competitive in the market as they provide a wide range of services and features to its customers. They also provide an easy-to-use platform that helps users get started with their hosting requirements quickly.
The shared CPU on their platform -which is literally a VPS on the cloud- offers many hosting plans, starting with the 1 GB plan.
The one 1 GB plan offers 1 CPU processor, 1 TB Bandwidth, 1 GB RAM, and 25 GB storage space. This plan costs $5 per month. Read how to Install WordPress on VPS.
Dedicated CPU plans on Linode start at only $30/month, and this plan offers everything you need to run a business on dedicated resources with a dedicated CPU
This cheapest dedicated plan gives you 2 core CPUs, 80 GB of storage space, 4 TB bandwidth, and 4 GB RAM.
- Developer friendly.
- User-friendly interface.
- Server programming with Powerful API.
- 11 data centers around the world.
- Easy-to-use and affordable hosting solution.
- Reliable and scalable virtual private servers.
- Pay-as-you-go basis.
- No live chat support. You are responsible for your server configuration. It may be a little bit difficult for beginners.
- No domain registration services. You have to purchase the domain name from another provider and point it to the Vultr server.
- Even though it’s as good as DigitalOcean and Vultr, it still doesn’t have the fame that these companies have.
Digitalocean is a cloud service provider that provides infrastructure as a service. It is the most popular cloud hosting platform for developers and organizations.
DigitalOcean’s goal is to provide a simple and easy-to-use infrastructure for developers, designers, and entrepreneurs who want to create their own cloud services. It provides several tools that make it easier for users to create their own servers.
With DigitalOcean, you can get started with your own virtual private server or dedicated CPU in minutes with just one click of a button. It is an easy-to-use platform that enables users to deploy applications quickly.
You can also choose from a large library of pre-installed Linux distributions and applications or create your own custom image to run on DigitalOcean’s powerful cloud infrastructure. Read DigitalOcean review.
- A platform for web developers to build, test and deploy their own websites.
- Access to virtual machines and an application programming interface (API) for building, deploying, and managing applications.
- User-friendly interface that makes it easy to start your own server or add storage and bandwidth to your existing server.
- Pay-as-you-go cloud computing service provider. It provides the tools for users to host their applications on the cloud and get started in minutes without any upfront costs.
- The pricing plans of DigitalOcean are affordable.
- One of the most popular cloud platforms, so the resources and community are huge.
DigitalOcean provides a simple and easy way to deploy and manage your servers, which is why it is a popular service for developers and startups.
Also, DigitalOcean provides various types of hosting like VPS, Dedicated servers, Managed Databases, Networking, Storage, and more. The one that you will be looking for is the VPS so let’s have a look at it.
1 GB plan on a shared CPU with dedicated resources of 1 GB RAM, 1 core CPU, 1 TB Bandwidth, and 25 GB storage space costs only $5 per month. Read how to install WordPress on VPS.
A 2 GB plan on a shared CPU with dedicated resources of 2 GB RAM, 1 core CPU, 2 TB Bandwidth, and 50 GB storage space costs only $10 per month.
- Reliable hosting service that provides you with the best performance and security.
- Uptime 99.99%.
- excellent loading speed.
- Low prices plans.
- Pay-as-you-go payment system (hourly billing).
- Large marketplace to help developers, designers, and digital agencies.
- Huge community and a big learning database.
- Poor support “no live chat or phone support”.
- No domain registration option.