In this review, I will test two of its products (High-Performance vs. high-frequency) to see which one provides the higher performance and fastest loading time.
- High Frequency and High Performance are one of Vultr’s VPS products. Servers with shared CPUs and dedicated resources.
- Both product’s pricing starts at $6/month.
- Vultr High Performance offers more Bandwidth, while High Frequency offers more storage space.
- Performance and speed tests show that the High-Frequency servers are doing better than the others. However, AMD High Performance is not far behind.
|Vultr VPS Comparison||AMD High Performance||Intel High Performance||Intel High Frequency|
|WPPerformanceTester||0.904 seconds||0.904 seconds||0.798 seconds|
|WordPress Hosting Benchmarking Tool||7.4 server score||6.9 server score||7.6 server score|
|GTmetrix Loading Speed||0.565 seconds||0.736 seconds||0.616 seconds|
About Vultr High Performance
Vultr High Performance is one of Vultr Cloud VPS solutions, it offers a wide range of server resources and sizes and its prices start at $6/month.
This plan’s servers are hosted on the new (4GHz+) generations of AMD EPYC and Intel Xeon CPUs. and NVMe SSD storage disk.
The $6/month server offers 1 GB RAM, 1 vCPU processor, 2 TB Bandwidth, and 25 GB NVMe SSD.
About Vultr High Frequency
Vultr High Frequency is also one of Vultr Cloud VPS solutions with many server resources and size options. Also, its pricing starts at $6/month.
This plan’s servers are on 3GHz+ Intel Xeon CPUs and NVMe SSD storage space.
The $6/month server offers 1 GB RAM, 1 vCPU processor, 1 TB Bandwidth, and 32 GB NVMe SSD.
Vultr VPS Performance Tests
In this test, I set up a $6 plan on the three servers with 1 GB CPU and 1 GB RAM and then installed WordPress on Ubuntu 22.04 on it.
Then, I installed a demo site with the Blocksy theme.
The demo is packed with content and high-resolution images without optimizations such as CDN or cache plugins. If you optimize your website, you will definitely get better results.
The apps used in tests:
1. WPPerformanceTester Test Results:
- AMD High Performance server scores 0.904 seconds execution time.
- Intel High Performance server scores: 0.904 seconds execution time.
- High Frequency server scores: 0.798 seconds execution time.
High Frequency is the clear winner in this test with a total of 0.798 seconds execution time.
2. WordPress Hosting Benchmarking Tool Test:
This test checks lots of criteria such as operations with large text data, importing large amounts of data to a database, random binary data operations, etc
In this test, the server score is from 1 lowest to 10 highest. The more score you achieve the better.
- AMD High Performance: 7.4 server score.
- Intel High Performance: 6.9 server score.
- High Frequency: 7.6 server score.
Once again, the High Frequency server surprised us with better results.
- AMD High-Performance Largest Contentful Paint: 0.565 loading time.
- Intel High-Performance Largest Contentful Paint: 0.736 loading time.
- High Frequency Largest Contentful Paint: 0.616 loading time.
Vultr High Performance Vs. High Frequency: Which Is Best?
From the tests above, the three servers are close to each other on performance, while the Intel High Performance is a little bit behind.
The Vultr High-Frequency servers tend to perform better than the other VPSs.
This is unexpected considering that they are powered by the 3GHz+ Intel Xeon CPUs, while the High-Performance servers are powered by the new 4GHz+
If you are to choose one server, I will definitely recommend the Vultr High-Frequency servers.
Click this link to get $100 Free Credit on Vultr for new users.