WordPress has been a go-to choice for many website builders and owners for over a decade. Its popularity can be attributed to the fact that it is not only user-friendly but also offers a range of features and customization options that make it the best website builder available.
From its ease of use to its open-source nature and strong community support, WordPress has proven time and time again why it’s the best choice for building a website.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced website builder, WordPress has something to offer, making it the perfect platform to bring your ideas to life online.
In this blog, we’ll explore why WordPress is the best website builder powering over 43% of websites on the internet.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) that powers millions of websites. It’s an easy-to-use platform for people who want to create their own blogs, online stores, and other types of websites.
Open-source software means it is free to download and use. You can install WordPress on your own server or web host or you can sign up for a hosting account with a hosting company.
WordPress also has lots of great themes and plugins that you can use to customize your site with features like eCommerce functionality, social media integration, contact forms, SEO tools, and more.
What is a Website Builder?
Website builders are software programs that allow users to create a website without any programming knowledge. These tools are designed to be easy to use, and they can be used by people who have no experience with websites.
Website builders are used by people with no technical skills or knowledge of HTML, CSS, or other coding languages. If you want to create your own website but have no experience in coding, then you should use a website builder.
Each website builder provides specific properties and features. Some are flexible with an open-source environment for coding issues. Others will let different companies build portfolios with an attractive site that leads to a lot of visuals.
1. WordPress is Free:
One of the most important benefits of WordPress is that it is free itself, there are no fees or strings attached. It is free software. It means you are free to download, install, use, and make changes to match your needs, and you can use it to create any kind of website content.
You can simply download the WordPress software from the WordPress.org website and that is for zero cost.
However, When you want to run the WordPress site there are some costs you need to deal with in this mission. And those are :
- Web hosting: this is what runs the software of WordPress.
- Domain name: this is the website’s address that is found on the internet permanently.
But, these fees are considered much less than paying for other website builders like Squarespace or Wix.
Remember that when your website starts to grow widely, your fees might be increased to suit the traffic. And that is a piece of good news actually because it means your website is growing in a good way.
Some people might have a specific budget, they can find free hosting for WordPress. However, we don’t recommend using this option if you have a big website with serious business.
2. Easy to Use:
Talking about web design and website building can be a freaking topic for some people. Generally, they will think it is all about coding and design that just deals with creating a single web page.
WordPress is meant for both the very beginners and seasoned professionals. It was created for even the most non-technical to use.
Although it is considered the most flexible and powerful website builder, WordPress is quite easy to use for beginners. It comes with intuitive design, directions, and tutorials to get you started easily and keep you going through your work.
WordPress has an intuitive interface. Adding content like new pages, blog posts, images, etc. regularly is a breeze and can be done simply in a quick way. This is because the technology used in it is not complicated so the time spent on formatting is greatly reduced.
Even if you do not have a great idea about content management systems and you can not hire a programmer or designer on staff, you can build and design a professional site with WordPress.
You don’t have to deal with coding work if you don’t have the desire. You can simply choose from templates for WordPress websites or hire a professional web developer if you’re looking for a more custom and unique web design or need certain options.
This allows you to reduce the time you’d spend learning website design and may give you free time to develop other areas in your business.
3. 100% Customizable:
When you want to use WordPress as your website builder, there is no need for coding. However, you can choose whether to customize your website by yourself.
WordPress allows customization of its database. This allows you to add and edit custom code lines to make your brand website more unique.
4. SEO Friendly:
People do not usually create a website for themselves. They make it to share content with the world and to raise their traffic.
To make this happen, you need a site that matches SEO. SEO stands for ‘Search Engine Optimization. To make it easy to crawl over your content and data by search engines.
By creating your website on WordPress, you can get lots of search engine traffic to your site.
WordPress has a lot of SEO extensions and Plugins and they are built with search engine traffic in mind. That makes it so easy to handle by everyone who can improve their SEO with little extra work.
In addition, every item like posts, images, and pages can have tag keywords and titles. This can make them optimized for definite keywords leading to search engine optimization.
Here are some tips to be considered when dealing with SEO and WordPress:
- Make sure your site is visible: Turning this visibility option on will let your website appear in search engines.
- Set up categories: If you want search engines to recognize your content easily and pick it up on the result pages. Categories will help you to arrange your content.
- Use SEO-friendly URLs: Make sure that you have SEO-friendly URLs to help search engines recognize your site and it is relevant to a particular search.
- Get maximum value from the text editor: If you write content in the text editor this will allow WordPress to let you use HTML tags. By this, you will give keywords weight by using them in page titles and subtitles. This will make them cited as an important item in search engines and help make your page content clear.
As you can see, you can boost your SEO with WordPress, and you can use plugins to strengthen your website’s SEO too.
5. Mobile Friendly:
Responsiveness via mobile is one of the most important factors that websites need for google ranking. Nowadays, the majority of the world’s internet traffic is made from mobile device responsiveness.
Your website is first judged by its mobile version by search engines. Due to this, websites have to look beautiful and in a good look on any device.
WordPress makes different responsive theme designs available for users and can also make a static site responsive with plugins with alterations to these files.
6. Self-Hosted CMS:
WordPress is self-hosted software, which means that you can host and design your website on any web hosting provider. No need to host your website on the WordPress platform.
This feature will help you improve important things in your websites like speed and performance. Also will provide you with the flexibility to host your website on any other provider that you like.
In general, WordPress hosting is classified into two categories: Self-managed hosting and fully-managed hosting.
Fully-managed hosting is a service that was designed especially for WordPress users, so it can be called WordPress hosting.
You will need to pay a monthly cost generally higher than self-hosting. However, they are responsible for technical and security issues instead of doing it yourself.
This type of hosting is suitable for users who :
- At the beginning of their website journey and they can expect what type of traffic they will face.
- Expects that their website will have traffic widely in a quick way so that they can match the growth.
- Doesn’t care about how much they are going to pay for support and security.
This is the most popular choice for WordPress users since it’s very cheap. With self-managed hosting, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up WordPress on the hosting dashboard. Unless you choose a managed web hosting provider.
- To know how to deal with your website problems. You can contact customer support, however, they will expect you to have basic concepts of hosting.
- Ensure the security of your website against issues that sometimes face your website.
- To look for services for backups in case of any problems and issues.
7. Easy to Manage Data:
WordPress is the best when dealing with publishing a lot of content and developing your website over time. Also if you just want to include your website on the internet and keep it simple. Yes, WordPress is also the choice.
It is known as the king of data management in the world of software. You can use WordPress’s data entry style to manage hundreds of posts or product pages other than using another website builder.
Another feature that will help you manage your website peacefully is that even if you want to deal with HTML code in general, WordPress makes it easy for you with ”shortcodes”. These look like HTML code shortcuts that are designed especially for WordPress.
If you have a website with a lot of articles and news about specific products and of course with a lot of reviews. Managing this with other website builders other than WordPress may be hard.
8. Tons of Themes and Plugins:
WordPress users have a wide variety of themes and plugins which they can change and move from one to another.
WordPress Plugins and Themes architecture have the feature of allowing users to extend the properties and functions of a website or blog.
There are hundreds of themes and thousands of WordPress plugins you can use to add functions and manage your website.
A theme can be defined as a zipped folder with a package of files, this includes page templates that are written in the PHP programming language mixed with a CSS stylesheet.
Plugins can be considered as a development strategy. They can transform WordPress into all types of software systems and applications available.
9. Constantly Updated:
As we said, WordPress is used by many users in a wide range. It is open-source, and due to this, feedback for improvements and updating designs are regularly sent to it from the development community simply by one click.
With each feedback, there are tips for updating designs and maybe adding or removing features. This makes WordPress constantly updating and improving. It is not like sitting at the same point for months to be old.
This makes website owners happy. It makes them feel like they are using a content management system that is updated regularly to meet their needs.
10. WordPress is Flexible
WordPress is one of the most flexible website builders founded in the world of websites.
Thousands of plugins can be found and installed in a few minutes in addition to themes from which you can design your website with the look that you want. And they can be adapted to any changes in trends.
This is a big advantage for users with serious and advanced businesses who wish to build their websites in their way.
Why WordPress is Flexible?
Here’s why WordPress is so powerful and flexible.
- Open Code Access – In WordPress you can have access to codes that make it functions. This will let you design and build new features in the way that you want. This will help you especially if you have a complicated website and you need extra functionality and customizable tools. Accessibility to WordPress codes will help you in this mission.
- Large Professional Community – You can easily find a good WordPress developer in whatever place because of its popularity of it. And as we said many online classes and tutorials can help in the process of accessing WordPress and learning how to use it. The popularity of WordPress makes it approachable and easy to learn once you have money to spend for learning the initial process
- The almost infinite number of plugins – WordPress is defined as an open-source, and anyone with the skill of coding will have a chance to create and design tools, plugins, themes, and features. This property of WordPress makes it now grow with one of the biggest plugin libraries in the world. This huge library is the core of why WordPress is so flexible for users. Whatever your needs, whether they are tools for payment or product management, or membership access, you will find plugins for features and functions that suit your needs to add them to your website. Amazing Right?
11. Accessible From Everywhere:
WordPress website builder gives users the chance of accessibility. In another way, you can have an access to your website from any computer whenever your location in the world.
This is a great thing for travelers because they can check their website at every time or from any place they want. Traveling website owners have grown in popularity because of this feature.
12. Huge Community Support:
Although WordPress is a free website builder and there is no customer support option. However, that doesn’t mean that you will not have support at all and you will be on your own.
The community aspect of WordPress is one of the most valuable and rewarding benefits that make WordPress the world’s most popular website builder.
If you ever need help with something, you can find plenty of ebooks, blogs, online tutorials, message boards, and more, all devoted to helping you get the most out of WordPress.
WordPress is the best website builder for a multitude of reasons. From its ease of use and customization options to its open-source nature and strong community support, WordPress offers everything you need to create a professional and functional website.
Whether you’re starting a blog, launching an online store, or showcasing your portfolio, WordPress has the tools and features to help you bring your ideas to life.
With its versatility, reliability, and ease of use, it’s no wonder that WordPress has become the preferred choice for millions of website owners and builders.
So, if you’re looking to build a website, consider using WordPress, and experience the benefits of the best website builder available.