In March/2022, Vultr released the Vultr High-Performance plans as part of its Cloud Compute product.
Cloud Compute is Vultr’s most used product. It’s basically a Cloud VPS. Dedicated resources on a shared physical CPU.
Let’s see what is the Vultr High Performance, what features and plans it provides, and what are the differences between each of them.
What is Vultr High Performance?
Vultr High Performance is one of the Cloud Compute options that offers affordable cloud hosting on cutting-edge servers. It’s powered by the latest AMD EPYC and Intel Xeon CPUs, alongside NVMe SSD storage disk.
Starting at just $6/month, you can select from either Intel or AMD CPUs for your cloud VPS server.
When setting up a new instance, you’ll find four options, two of which are AMD High Performance and Intel High Performance.
Vultr High Performance Pricing
Vultr High-Performance pricing for both Intel and AMD is the same. It’s price starts at $6/month.
For the $6 per month plan, Vultr offers its High-Performance plan with resources of 1 CPU, 1 GB of Memory, a generous 2 TB of Bandwidth, and 25 GB NVMe SSD storage.
Vultr High-Performance: AMD vs. Intel
We tested both AMD and Intel to see which one is better.
It turns out that Vultr AMD Instance performs better than Intel, particularly for CPU-intensive tasks like hosting high-resolution images. However, Intel servers are slightly behind the AMD. Read the full comparison.
|Comparison||AMD “seconds”||Intel “seconds”|
|PageSpeed Desktop LCP||0.9||1.2|
|PageSpeed Mobile LCP||4.1||4.0|
Regular Performance vs. High Frequency vs. High Performance
Vultr Cloud Compute has four different plans, they are the Regular Performance, High-Frequency, and High-Performance plans.
- CPU type:
- Regular Performance uses previous-generation Intel CPUs.
- High Frequency is equipped with 3GHz+ Intel Xeon CPUs.
- High Performance benefits from the latest generations of both AMD EPYC and Intel Xeon CPUs.
- Storage disk type:
- Regular Performance is powered by regular SSD storage.
- High Frequency utilizes faster NVMe SSD storage.
- High Performance utilizes faster NVMe SSD.
- Regular Performance starts at ($2.50/month) and includes 1 Intel CPU, 500 MB RAM, 500 GB Bandwidth, and 10 GB regular SSD.
- High Frequency starts at($6/month) and offers 1 Intel CPU, 1 GB RAM, 1 TB Bandwidth, and 32 GB NVMe SSD.
- High-Performance starts at ($6/month) and provides 1 CPU (Intel or AMD), 1 GB RAM, 2 TB Bandwidth, and 25 GB NVMe SSD.
|Comparison||V. R. P.||V. H. F.||V. H. P.|
|CPU||Regular||Intel Xeon||Latest Intel and AMD|
|Storage||Regular SSD||NVMe SSD||Latest NVMe SSD|
Vultr is always evolving by delivering high-quality web hosting solutions. Now, it introduces the Vultr High-Performance plans within its popular Cloud Compute product.
These plans are particularly distinguished by their use of advanced AMD EPYC and Intel Xeon CPUs and NVMe SSD storage.
With prices starting at a competitive $6/month, users are given a choice between Intel and AMD processors for their cloud VPS needs.