In March of 2022, Vultr cloud hosting released the new Vultr High Performance plan on its VPS plan; Cloud Compute.
Vultr is a leading web hosting provider company that provides reliable cloud computing services. By now Vultr has 24 data centers in 15 different countries around the world.
The Vultr Cloud Compute is one of the many products that Vultr provides, when you sign up for a Cloud Compute plan, you get dedicated resources in a shared environment.
Let’s see what is the Vultr High Performance, what features and plans it provides, and what are the differences between it and the other Cloud Compute plans.
What is Vultr High Performance?
Vultr High Performance is one of the Cloud Compute plans powered by the new generations of the Intel and AMD CPUs processer and NVMe SSD. it runs run atop best-in-class, shared AMD and Intel CPUs.
For a price plan that starts at $6/month you get a High-Performance server plan on the latest version of processor and storage, and you get to choose the preferred CPU between Intel Xeon and AMD APYC.
What Does Vultr High Performance Offer?
Vultr High Performance offers to host your website on a server that runs on the latest technology at highly affordable prices.
The Vultr High Performance Powered by 3rd Generation AMD EPYC CPUs and NVMe SSD Storage.
When you want to create a new instance and choose the Cloud Compute plan for your server, you will notice that there are two additional plans they are not there, these plans are The AMD High Performance and the Intel High Performance.
When you choose any of the two plans, you choose the new high performance plan.
Vultr High Performance Plans Pricing
The pricing and plans of the Vutlr high performance are not much different from the Vultr high-frequency plan.
For the $6/month Vultr high-frequency plan you get 1 CPU, 1 GB Memory, 1 TB Bandwidth, and 32 GB NVMe SSD storage, while on the Vutlr high-performance plan you get the same server size except for the bandwidth you get 2 TB and 25 GB NVMe SSD for the storage.
Vultr Regular Performance vs Vultr High Frequency vs Vultr High Performance
As we know that Vultr Cloud Compute has the Vultr Regular Performance plans and the Vultr High-Frequency plans. And now, the Vultr Regular Performance plans.
To make things clear, let’s put all the Vultr Cloud Compute plans together.
- Vultr Regular Performance powered by previous generation Intel CPUs. Vultr High Frequency Powered by 3GHz+ Intel Xeon CPUs. Vultr High Performance Powered by new generations of both AMD EPYC CPUs and Intel Xeon CPUs
- Vultr Regular Performance powered regular SSD. Vultr High Frequency Powered by NVMe SSD. Vultr High Performance Powered by new-generation NVMe SSD.
- Vultr Regular Performance plans start at $2.50/month. Vultr High-Frequency plans start at $6/month. Vultr High-Performance plans start at $6/month.
- For $2.50/month on the Vultr Regular Performance plan, you get 1 CPU, 500 MB RAM, 500 GB Bandwidth, and 10 GB regular SSD Storage
- For $6month on the Vultr High-Frequency plan, you get 1 Intel Xeon CPU, 1 GB RAM, 1 TB Bandwidth, and 32 GB NVMe SSD Storage
- For $6month on the Vultr High-Performance plan, you get 1 CPU of the latest generations of Intel or AMD, 1 GB RAM, 2 TB Bandwidth, and 25 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
For further comparison See the table below:
|Comparison||V. R. P.||V. H. F.||V. H. P.|
|Processor||Regular||Intel Xeon||Latest Intel or AMD|
|Storage||Regular SSD||NVMe SSD||Latest NVMe SSD|
Vultr High Performance: The Conclusion
Vultr is a great company and it provides great services. Also, Vultr keeps on upgrading its services every once in a while.
We recommend Vultr for Developers and beginners who want to spend some time learning new skills. Read Vultr review.
The Vultr high Performance is the choice if you want the latest technology to host your application with. But that doesn’t make the other Cloud Compute solutions any bad. In fact, they are better than many web hosting companies you might come across.